Cheshire Medical Center’s General Surgery team includes board-certified general surgeons, skilled nurses, anesthesiologists, and experienced support staff. Together, we provide surgical diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up care. Whenever possible, we offer minimally invasive and laparoscopic surgeries.
The General Surgery team also includes a diverse team of experts who form Cheshire’s nationally accredited Breast Care Center.
Learn more about surgical care, from preparation through recovery, on our Surgical Services page.
How we can help
Our General Surgery team specializes in medical problems of the torso, such as:
- Appendectomies and gallbladder removal
- Anorectal problems such as cancer, fistulas, fissures, hemorrhoids, proctitis, proctodynia, and warts
- Bariatric weight loss surgery
- Breast surgery, including mastectomy and lumpectomy procedures
- Colon, rectal, and intestinal surgeries
- Digestive system procedures
- Endocrine/hormonal system procedures
- Hernia repairs
- Laparoscopic gastric band adjustments and revisions
- Ostomy procedures
- Rectal prolapse repair
We not only offer you experience, skill, and a deep commitment to safety, but also the latest research and techniques. We remain on the cutting edge of technology and provide superior, innovative surgery and recovery services.
Your personalized treatment plan
Every surgical care plan is personalized to the needs of each patient. Your team considers your history, goals, and needs, as well is your condition and recovery plan, offering compassionate, comprehensive care.
Collaboration for the best care
We work closely with a range of providers to ensure you receive superb care, from pre-operative education through recovery. Our General Surgery team often coordinates with other experts as part of your personalized treatment plan: