2020 Flu clinic dates and locations
COVID-19 and the 2020/2021 Flu season
This year, more than ever, getting a flu shot is important. Why? Symptoms of the flu can be similar to COVID-19. This year's vaccine covers all expected flu strains, so no additional vaccinations should be necessary.Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website for more information on the importance of getting your flu shot this season.
Flu vaccines at the Flu Clinic are by appointment only
Established patients of Cheshire Medical Center are invited to schedule an appointment for a flu shot at an upcoming Flu Clinic. See below for dates and locations.
There are two ways to schedule an appointment:
- Call your provider's office to schedule an appointment at 603-354-5400.
- Schedule your appointment through myDH.org
What to expect
- You must schedule an appointment time for your flu shot prior to arriving. On the day of your appointment, make sure you, and any others who will be getting a flu shot, are wearing clothing that can be easily rolled up to allow access to the very upper arm.
- Please do not have more than 4 people in the car who are getting the flu shot.
- When you arrive, stay in your car and stay in line with the cars in front of you, or park according to the information signs. When it is your turn, you will receive further instructions on how the flu clinic will work.
Cheshire Medical Center
580 Court Street, Keene
Saturday drive-thru dates: 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Saturday, October 3 Adults (19+) only at this time
- Saturday, October 10
- Saturday, October 17
- Saturday, October 24
Walpole Family Medicine
11 Westminster Street, Walpole
- Friday, October 2, from 8:00 am to noon
- Friday, October 23, from noon to 4:00 pm
- Friday, October 30, from 8:00 am to noon
Winchester Family Medicine
20 Warwick Road, Winchester
- Friday, October 30, from 9:00 am to noon
- If you develop any symptoms of COVID-19 prior to your appointment, please do not come to your scheduled flu shot appointment. Contact your primary care team for recommendations at 603-354-5400.
- If you have had an adverse reaction to a flu shot in the past or if this is the first time you have received a flu shot, please call your primary care team for recommendations at 603-354-5400.
- If you have an allergy to eggs, please call your primary care team for recommendations at 603-354-5400.
- If you are over 65 years of age please call your primary care team for recommendations at 603-354-5400, as Pneumococcal vaccines (recommended for those 65+) will NOT be available at this year's flu clinic.
Other ways to get a flu shot
- Flu clinics (dates above) – Register in advance
- Primary Care Provider appointment
- Pediatrics Primary Care Provider appointment: Children and parent or guardian
- Specialty medicine appointment: Ask your provider
- Walk-In Care Clinic: Vaccine offered to all patients at time of visit
- Nurse Clinic - Patients with PCPs here will be able to book a Nurse Visit
- Cheshire Medical Center Pharmacy: Adults (19+), no appointment needed!
- Local Pharmacies
Call (603)-354-5400 or register at myDH.org to schedule an appointment today!