Center for Population Health (CPH): Advancing the health and well-being of the region.
Cheshire’s Center for Population Health works to improve the health and well-being of people throughout the Monadnock region. Our goals are to:
- Connect people with effective resources, services, and programs
- Foster relationships to speed progress and respond to emerging needs
- Create awareness, policies, and environmental change in response to community issues
- Provide education and information about advocacy for community health improvement
We know that asking for help can be challenging. Even more difficult is knowing how to seek the information you need. We are here for you. We can point you in the right direction—towards health and wellness. You can contact us if you want to:
- Be better prepared in the event of an emergency
- Become more physically active
- Find help for substance abuse
- Get help paying for your medications
- Learn about making your school or workplace a healthier environment
- Learn about preventing or managing a chronic illness, such as diabetes
- Quit smoking
- Talk with someone about health insurance
Cheshire offers some CPH programs directly; you can access others via our community partners. Learn more on our Community Programs page.
We are part of the Healthy Monadnock Alliance
Cheshire Medical Center has been dedicated to making our community healthier for more than two decades. It started with the Council for a Healthier Community in 1994 and continues today with the Healthy Monadnock Alliance, which brings together community agencies and organizations to effect change. Together, we’ve banned smoking in public spaces, increased the number of people who bike to work, and supported healthy lifestyles.
CPH works to improve physical, mental, and spiritual health grounded in a commitment to equity. The barriers to health and well-being vary for different population groups. Things like access to safe housing, affordable healthy food, and a livable wage are critical to good health. We and our partners work daily to make this a reality.
CPH also plays a leading role in the Greater Monadnock Public Health Network (GMPHN), a community health and safety collaborative focused on improving public health-related services. The Community Health Improvement Plan, approved by the Leadership Council for Healthy Monadnock with staff support from the CPH, guides many health improvement efforts in this region.
We serve the needs of people throughout the Monadnock region. To learn more, contact us at 603-354-5460.