Due to the increase in positive COVID-19 tests and "substantial" community transmission in Cheshire County, Cheshire Medical Center is moving to a strict RED risk level Visitor and Caregiver Policy as of Thursday, October 21, 2021.
Cheshire Medical Center is using three visitation risk levels — red, yellow and green — to protect patients, caregivers or visitors, and our staff and limit the spread of COVID-19. The visitation risk levels are based on the number of COVID-19 cases in the community, as well as hospital conditions. Risk levels are assessed weekly.
You can learn about the visitation levels by using the links below:
YELLOW – Limited visitors >
GREEN – More open to visits >
These procedures apply to all Cheshire Medical Center facilities, including Walpole Family Practice, Winchester Family Practice, and satellite offices such as our Audiology, Dermatology, Ophthalmology departments and Optical Shop.
Everyone is screened when entering Cheshire Medical Center and all D-HH patient care facilities. We screen for COVID-19 symptoms, diagnosis within 10 days, and possible exposure. Our screening procedures may change based on current guidelines.
- COVID-19 symptoms: Patients experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms must notify their provider before they arrive for an appointment.
Masks are mandatory for everyone at ALL times within Cheshire Medical Center facilities.
- If you do not have an approved mask of your own, you will be provided one when you enter our facility.
- If you refuse to wear a mask, you will be asked to leave our facility.
Caregiver screening procedures
A caregiver is a support person whose presence is required for physical, cognitive, or other support associated with the patient's health care, and/or necessary to navigate to the appointment.
Examples of caregivers include support for cognitively impaired or physically challenged patients; transportation assistance for sedated outpatients; a parent or guardian for patients who are minors.
- No minors are permitted as caregivers.
- Caregivers or visitors who have COVID-19 symptoms or who have had a known COVID-19 exposure in the past 14 days may not enter a Cheshire Medical Center facility.
- Caregivers or visitors are required to keep a mask on at all times, including when with the patient in the room.
- Anyone accompanying patients who is not allowed into the building will be directed to parking areas on the campus where they should remain until called to assist the patient.
- Visitors, when allowed, must enter via the Main Entrance.
Virtual Visits for hospitalized patients
We encourage family members and friends to use their telephone or video calls to stay in touch with inpatients. Please reference our Virtual Visits with Friends and Family in the Hospital (PDF) to connect with loved ones using a personal device. For patients who may not have a device or need help connecting, our inpatient staff can facilitate virtual visits for you.
How can you connect with patients?
- Call or video chat on their personal phone
- Call 603-354-5400 for the patient's room and phone number
- Make a staff-assisted Virtual Visit. Contact the patient's health care team to arrange a Virtual Visit.
- Send mail to this address:
Patient's Full Name
Cheshire Medical Center
580 Court Street
Keene, NH 03431