As of Monday, March 15, 2021, Cheshire Medical Center is operating under a YELLOW risk level Visitor and Caregiver Policy .
Cheshire Medical Center is using three visitation risk levels — red, yellow and green — to protect patients, caregivers or visitors, and our staff and limit the spread of COVID-19. The visitation risk levels are based on the number of COVID-19 cases in the community, as well as hospital conditions.
Risk levels are assessed weekly.
You can learn about the visitation levels by using the links below:
YELLOW – Limited visitors >
GREEN – More open to visits >
These procedures apply to all Cheshire Medical Center facilities, including Walpole Family Practice, Winchester Family Practice, and satellite offices such as our Audiology, Dermatology, Ophthalmology departments and Optical Shop.
Everyone is screened when entering Cheshire Medical Center and all D-HH patient care facilities. We screen for COVID-19 symptoms, COVID diagnosis within 10 days, and contact with anyone suspected or confirmed to have had COVID-19 in the past 10 days. Our screening procedures may change based on current guidelines.
- Entrances: Most patients, caregivers, and authorized visitors will use the Main Entrance, Please Entrance hours and information before you arrive.
- COVID-19 symptoms: Patients experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms must notify their provider before they arrive for an appointment. If the provider has not been notified, patients will need to call Cheshire’s COVID-19 nurse line at 603-354-5400 ext. 6844 for further information about their scheduled appointment. Emergency Department patients experiencing COVID-19 symptoms may be escorted to a different entrance for isolated care.
Masks are mandatory for everyone at ALL times within Cheshire Medical Center facilities.
- If you do not have an approved mask of your own, you will be provided one when you enter our facility.
- If you refuse to wear a mask, you will be asked to leave our facility.
Social Distancing, maintaining a 6-foot distance between yourself and other people, should be observed whenever possible. We have re-arranged our waiting areas and placed reminders to make social distancing easy.
Caregiver screening procedures
- No minors permitted as caregivers.
- Caregivers or visitors who have COVID-19 symptoms or who have had a known COVID-19 exposure in the past 14 days may not enter a Cheshire Medical Center facility.
- Caregivers or visitors are required to keep a mask on at all times, including when with the patient in the room.
- Anyone accompanying patients who is not allowed into the building will be directed to parking areas on the campus where they should remain until called to assist the patient.
- Visitors, when allowed, must enter via the Main Entrance.
Virtual Visits for hospitalized patients
We encourage family members and friends to use their telephone or video calls to stay in touch with inpatients. Please reference our Virtual Visits with Friends and Family in the Hospital (PDF) to connect with loved ones using a personal device. For patients who may not have a device or need help connecting, our inpatient staff can facilitate virtual visits for you.
How can you connect with patients?
- Call or video chat on their personal phone
- Call 603-354-5400 for the patient's room and phone number
- Make a staff-assisted Virtual Visit. Contact the patient's health care team to arrange a Virtual Visit.
- Send mail to this address:
Patient's Full Name
Cheshire Medical Center
580 Court Street
Keene, NH 03431