In addition to in-person visits, our providers now offer convenient Virtual Visits. Often saving you time and money, you can see your provider from the comfort of your own home. Many patients prefer using their computer or smart phone to talk directly to their primary care provider or specialist without traveling or sitting in a waiting room.
Some medical problems are best assessed and treated in person, and we can help you decide which type of appointment is right for your needs.
Your health and safety are always our top priority. Cheshire Medical Center has taken many steps to ensure that all of our facilities are safe places to receive your health care. Seeing some patients via Virtual Visits allows us to make sure we can maintain social distancing, clean thoroughly between visits, and still make sure every patient receives high-quality care.
Why would I want a Virtual Visit?
- Convenience: Virtual Visits save you time and money related to travel. The average American uses 3 hours of their day to attend a 25-minute in-person visit, which often includes taking time off work, getting childcare, or arranging for transportation.
- Involve family members: do you want your spouse to attend your appointment without them taking time off work, or include a child who lives out of state? You can invite family members and caretakers to your Virtual Visits via Zoom.
- Save your energy for recovery: sometimes when you are sick, the last thing you want to do is get out of bed and drive through the cold to get a doctor’s advice. Virtual Visits allow you to get professional recommendations while still in your bed.
- Stop viruses from spreading: if you may have COVID-19 or flu, staying isolated in your home is the best way to keep your family, friends, and community safe. A Virtual Visit allows our providers to safely assess your symptoms, schedule testing, and arrange for in-person care if necessary.
How can I make an appointment for a Virtual Visit?
To schedule an appointment, you can contact your provider’s office the same as you would for an in-person appointment. Our operators can connect you to any department when you call 603-354-5400 or use our phone list.
Will my insurance cover a Virtual Visit?
Since the COVID-19 health crisis began, most insurance companies now cover virtual visits, so call your insurance company to learn about your health coverage.
What else do I need to know to have a successful virtual visit?
- We now use the popular free Zoom app for Virtual Visits. Please download the Zoom app if you don't already have it on your computer or device.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health has helpful web pages about:
- Call us for help or questions about Virtual Visits or myD-H at 603-354-5454 x2446.