Wellpowered Schools, a program offered through the Center for Population Health (CPH) helps schools and organizations empower young people to take the lead on their physical and mental well-being. With the help of a certified wellness advisor, schools are provided resources and concrete tools to enhance and improve their school wellness program.
Area schools and organizations including public schools, private schools, charter schools, Head Start programs, summer schools, and student clubs enrolled in the Wellpowered Schools program have access to resources that support:
- Enhanced communication methodologies
- Environmental changes
- Meeting specific organizational or individual needs
- Student/staff engagement
- Wellness policy development
Schools can take advantage of:
- Age-appropriate wellness materials
- Guidance toward student wellness and engagement
- Recognition through Healthy Designation badges
- Support in celebrating changes
- Wellness grant opportunities
Support in celebrating changes
Wellpowered Schools, as part of the Healthy Monadnock Alliance, benefit from public recognition of their wellness efforts through a variety of publications throughout our community. Sharing these success stories helps to highlight an organization’s commitment and hard work, and creates an example of possibility for other schools in our community.
How can my organization become a Wellpowered School?
- Connect with the youth wellness coordinator by calling 603-354-5454 ext. 2930 or emailing email@example.com.
- Assess the school’s current wellness plan and how it helps improve youth well-being.
- Design an action plan to support wellness efforts.
- Meet with the youth wellness coordinator to review resources, tools, and receive guidance to improve plans.
- Meet with your youth wellness coordinator for ongoing support and materials.
Home of Wellpowered Schools
The Wellpowered Schools program operates out of the CPH, a department of Cheshire Medical Center, and supports the priorities of the Healthy Monadnock Alliance. This program is offered to local organizations as a community benefit at no cost. In addition to Wellpowered Schools, CPH offers: