Many people suffer from pelvic problems during their lifetime, such as accidental urine loss, erectile dysfunction, pain during sex, and constipation. However, this is not an inevitable part of aging and does not mean you should have to live with discomfort and inconvenience.
Effective treatment with a sensitivity to your needs
Physical therapy can be effective in treating many pelvic problems, though some people are uncomfortable talking about these issues with their provider. Cheshire Medical Center offers you sensitive, discrete treatment to help you improve your quality of life and well-being.
Highly-trained, specialized therapists
Our pelvic health rehabilitation services are offered by therapists who specialize in treatment for pregnant and postpartum women, men healing from prostate removal, and people with pelvic floor disorders.
Effective treatment for a broad range of pelvic floor disorders
Please talk to your physician if you experience one of the following problems that can be treated through physical therapy:
- Accidental loss of gas or stool
- Coccydynia, or tailbone pain
- Chronic pain of the vagina, pelvis or bladder
- Frequent constipation, or difficulty going to the bathroom
- Leaking urine with coughing, laughing, sneezing, lifting, exercising, or sex
- Leaking urine when you have the urge to urinate
- Prostatectomy, or prostate removal
- Sexual dysfunction, like the inability to maintain an erection
- Sacroiliac dysfunction, or sacral pain
Pelvic health symptoms can be sensitive, sometimes embarrassing subjects for people. So, we have a dedicated physical therapy room to ensure privacy in a supportive and comfortable environment.Janet Chamberlin, PT, WCS
Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Women's Health Physical Therapy