How can I get immunized against COVID-19 in the Monadnock Region?
As of Nov. 1, 2023, Cheshire Medical Center is able to offer the most recent pediatric COVID-19 vaccine to patients aged 6 months to 12 years via our Pediatrics department. Call 603-354-6666 for an appointment.
In mid-November, 2023 the most recent adult Moderna booster will become available during regularly scheduled Family Medicine and Nurse Clinic appointments for patients over 12 years of age. Call 603-354-6760 for an appointment.
Patients 6 months to 12 years can receive COVID-19 vaccinations, boosters, and flu shots in the Pediatrics department at Cheshire by calling 603-354-6666.
Patients 12 years and older can also receive COVID-19 vaccinations, boosters, and flu shots during a scheduled appointment with their primary care provider.
Is it still important to receive vaccines and boosters against COVID-19?
2023/2024 Flu season
Getting a flu shot is important for your health and the health of our community.
Although flu may mean simply feeling sick and a week or two off work for healthy adults, it can take the life of a senior or someone with a less healthy immune system.
Similar to COVID-19, your flu shot & lack of illness may prevent someone else—an older or high-risk person you know—from being exposed and then hospitalized with severe disease.
Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website for more information about flu shots.
How can I get a flu shot?
- Cheshire Medical Center's Retail Pharmacy: Standard and high-dose 65-plus flu shots are available to established patients who walk in, Monday through Friday, 10 am to 5 pm.
- Primary Care: Vaccines are offered to all patients at the time of an existing visit. This year's vaccine will be available in mid-September.
- Pediatrics Primary Care: Ask your child's provider during their appointment or call 603-354-6666 to schedule a flu shot appointment for your child.
- Cheshire Medical Center's Nurse Clinic: Established Cheshire primary care patients will be able to book a Nurse Visit after all the public flu shot clinics have taken place.
- Pharmacies: Almost all local pharmacies also offer flu shots.
Visit cheshiremed.org/flu for information on flu shot availability in Walpole, Winchester, Cheshire's pharmacy, and Primary Care appointments.