Problems with your urinary tract or sexual function often occur as you age but also happen in younger people. Sometimes, these problems can develop because of a traumatic injury or another medical condition. Cheshire Medical Center’s Urology team understands how private these issues can be, and they treat you with gentle care and sensitivity, no matter your concern.
Your urologist can treat issues with your kidneys, bladder, and other body parts that allow for healthy urination. In men, your treatment can include the health of your sexual organs. Women’s sexual and reproductive health is usually treated by Cheshire's Obstetrics and Gynecology team, but we may work collaboratively to identify issues and create personalized treatment plans.
How we can help
Most patients first visit their primary care team for slow-developing problems or the Urgent Visits team for acute problems, like urinary tract infections. If your doctor thinks you need more specialized treatment or testing, they refer you to the experts on our team. We create personalized treatment plans for a wide range of problems, sometimes performing surgery.
These are some of the common problems our Urology team treats:
- Cancers of the kidneys, bladder, prostate, and testes (diagnosis and treatment in collaboration with Dartmouth Cancer Center)
- Cystitis, or bladder inflammation
- Fertility, both vasectomies and infertility treatment
- Frequent urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Frequent urination
- Hypogonadism (or testosterone deficiency)
- Incontinence (involuntary leaking of urine)
- Kidney stones
- Pelvic pain
- Pelvic trauma
- Prostate problems, such as enlargement
- Sexual function, like erectile dysfunction or Peyronie’s disease
- Trouble urinating
- Urinary incontinence, retention, or pain
Personalized care plans, especially for men
Many millions of men suffer urinary tract or sexual function issues, but often they’re hesitant to talk with their doctor. Our understanding providers help you feel at ease while talking about topics or symptoms, such as bladder and bowel problems, pelvic pain, or sexual function. These conditions can be treated. Our Urology team is experienced at finding personalized solutions that allow you to get back to living your life to its fullest.
Collaboration for the best care
Cheshire’s Urology team often coordinates with other experts as part of your personalized treatment plan:
- Cheshire’s Nephrology team diagnoses and treats kidney problems.
- Cheshire’s obstetrics and gynecology services help coordinate care.
- Cheshire’s Nutrition Services team help manage kidney stones and other renal problems.
- Colleagues at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center’s Urology and Men’s Health Center may collaborate on your care plan.
- Diagnostic imaging and laboratory specialists perform tests that help us diagnose and manage your health problem.
- Dartmouth Cancer Center at Cheshire's highly-skilled oncology team offers world-class cancer care, including opportunities for involvement in clinical trials.
- Pelvic Health Rehabilitation helps some patients improve continence, and sexual function, or recover from surgery.