A good relationship with your health care team is vital. Feeling comfortable and asking questions helps you to be proactive about your health. That way, we can give you the best care and treatment for intimate health issues throughout your life. Our compassionate team is invested in you. We are here to listen, collaborate, and innovate to offer you a full range of sensitive, personalized, gynecologic care.
A team of experts collaborating for your care
Our Gynecology Department is a collaborative practice. That means, depending on your health care needs, your gynecology team may include a specialized advanced-practice nurse or doctor. These Dartmouth-Hitchcock providers are supported by a large team of other medical professionals to give you the best care. Our providers are:
- Women’s health nurse practitioners (WHNPs) - advanced-practice nurses who specialize in the comprehensive care of women of all ages
- Obstetrician and gynecologists (OB/GYNs) - physicians who specialize in the medical and surgical care of the female reproductive system and high-risk births
- Certified nurse midwives (CNMs) - advanced-practice nurses who specialize in low-intervention births and low-risk pregnancies
Need help paying for preventive exams and cancer screenings?
Visit New Hampshire’s Let No Woman Be Overlooked or
call 800-852-3345 for more information.
Comprehensive gynecology services
We will empower you with the knowledge you need to cultivate your own good health. Our full range of services helps us provide care for your individual needs, every step of the way. We offer:
- Compassionate medical care for transgender and non-binary individuals with vaginas
- Counseling and follow up for abnormal Pap results
- Evaluation and treatment of problems like vaginal infections
- Evaluation and treatment of irregular, abnormal, or painful periods
- Family planning and contraception
- Fertility evaluation, first-line therapies, and support for advanced treatment
- Gynecologic cancer screenings and treatment
- Gynecology for children and teens
- Menopause management counseling and therapies
- Non-surgical and surgical treatment of pelvic floor disorders like prolapse
- Routine exam and Pap testing
- Sexual health diagnosis and therapy
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) counseling, testing, and treatment
- Testing for infection related to a sexual assault
- Treatment for loss of bladder or bowel control
Proactive care at every age
Find out what screenings, immunizations, and medical discussions you may need at each stage of your life. Then make decisions that best support your good health and well-being. Here’s what you should know.
Reclaiming your comfort and freedom
Many women experience pelvic pain, prolapse, or bladder problems, but these conditions are treatable. Allow our supportive, compassionate providers find the best solution for your most intimate concerns. Learn more about pelvic health and urogynecology.
Specialty services close to home
Your team collaborates with other specialists within the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health system. We offer convenient access to urogynecologic surgical services here in Keene. If you need it, Cheshire Medical Center also offers world-class cancer treatment at our location of the Norris Cotton Cancer Center.
Connected to your care
Cheshire’s women’s health team often coordinates with other experts as part of your personalized treatment plan. You can expect a seamless transition of care, whether it is provided by family medicine, specialists at Cheshire, or our colleagues at other Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health (D-HH) locations. All of your providers within the D-HH system stay on the same page with electronic records. You can also access to your records, make appointments, securely message your providers, and more through the myD-H patient portal and MyChart app.
Healthy and well at each phase of life
Our Health + Wellness Magazine feature illustrates how a proactive partnership with your health care providers can support a longer and healthier life. It also includes an interview with Cheshire’s Chief of Obstetrics about our midwife-led practice.
Health care after an assault is essential to your health and safety. Our Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE) are here to care for you in our Emergency Department any time of the day or night.