Ear, nose, and throat (ENT) doctors, otherwise known as otolaryngologists, can help you if you have problems with your neck, sinuses, swallowing and speech, breathing and sleep, or hearing and balance. Sometimes you might see our ENT team because of problems with your senses like taste, hearing, or smell. We treat simple and severe problems at every stage of our patients’ lives.
How we can help
Most patients visit their primary care team for ear, nose, and throat problems first. If your doctor thinks you need more specialized treatment, however, they refer you to the experts on our team. We create personalized treatment plans for a wide range of problems, sometimes performing surgery.
These are some of the more common problems we treat:
- Difficulty swallowing
- Dizziness or trouble with your balance
- Ear infections in children and adults
- Hearing loss involving the middle ear
- Infection, growths or cancer in your head and neck
- Nose fractures
- Sinusitis or sinus headaches
- Sore throats and tonsillitis
- Sleep issues like snoring
- Swimmer’s ear
- Thyroid conditions, including thyroid surgery
- Tinnitus, or ringing in your ears
Collaboration for the best care
Cheshire’s ENT team often coordinates with other experts as part of your personalized treatment plan. For example:
- Audiologists check your hearing and, if necessary, help you find the best hearing aid for you.
- Speech and occupational therapists in Outpatient Rehabilitation help you regain the best possible use of your speech, swallowing or other important functions.
- Infectious disease specialists help treat problems related to viruses, bacteria, fungi or parasites.