How well you breathe affects every part of your life, day and night. No matter your age, a respiratory problem may keep you from living a full and energetic life. Cheshire Medical Center’s team of pulmonary specialists is experienced in managing and treating a broad range of respiratory problems.
How we can help
Your pulmonary team performs comprehensive tests so we can design a personalized plan of care for you. These are some of the more common problems we treat:
To lessen the effects of chronic lung diseases, we may recommend you to take part in our pulmonary rehabilitation program. Your team—the medical director, respiratory therapists, and other professionals—will help you understand and cope with your disease. Together, we will work to make your life more comfortable and independent. Learn more about pulmonary rehabilitation.
Are you ready to stop smoking?
If you use tobacco, you probably know how hard it is to quit. Cheshire Medical Center offers tobacco cessation support and programs to help you wherever you are in this journey. With counseling, treatment, and continuing encouragement from a support group, you may free yourself from tobacco dependence.
Collaboration for the best care
Our pulmonary medicine team will often coordinate with other experts as part of your personalized treatment plan. For example, we work with:
- Dartmouith Cancer Center at Cheshire, where a highly-skilled oncology team offers world-class cancer care, including opportunities for involvement in clinical trials.
- Diagnostic imaging and laboratory specialists, who perform tests that help us diagnose and manage your health problem.
- Family resource counselors, who can help you access community resources and pay for medications
- Tobacco cessation specialists, who are ready to help you quit smoking, today
- Your primary care provider and collaborative care nurse
If your treatment involves other specialists, you can expect a seamless transition of care. Manage all your appointments, see test results and ask any of your providers questions through the myDH patient portal.