Cheshire Medical Center provides comprehensive and compassionate outpatient and inpatient care for patients suffering from kidney or renal problems and blood pressure issues. Many diseases affecting the kidney are often not limited to the organ itself. In these cases, a team of experts is coordinated through your primary care team.
We provide comprehensive care in collaboration with primary care providers in Family Medicine, have a strong partnership with Monadnock Dialysis Center, and work closely with our partners on Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC)’s transplant team if necessary.
Nephrology and hypertension services
These are some of the more common problems we treat:
- Acute and chronic renal, or kidney, failure
- Diabetic kidney disease
- Fabry disease
- Hematuria (blood in the urine)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Glomerulonephritis (inflammation of the kidney)
- Inherited renal diseases
- Kidney stones
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Proteinuria (protein in the urine)
- Tubular defects, including acidosis
- Urinary tract infections
Collaboration for the best care
Cheshire Medical Center’s nephrology team often coordinates with other experts as part of your personalized treatment plan:
- Diagnostic imaging and laboratory testing help us diagnose and manage your health problems.
- Your primary care provider and collaborative care nurse help coordinate your care.
- Our partners on DHMC’s transplant team are available if needed.
- We have a strong partnership with Monadnock Dialysis Center.