Cheshire Medical Center’s Commitment to Privacy of Applicant and Employee Personal Information
How We Collect Your Personal Information
The majority of the information collected by Cheshire is obtained directly from your application and/or resume. We may also collect information about you from third parties, in order to:
(a) Verify provided information regarding prior work experience.
(b) Follow up on references that may have been provided during the application process.
(c) Conduct background investigations.
Cheshire will only collect such information from third parties with your knowledge and provided consent as may be required by applicable laws and regulations. Should Cheshire wish to obtain the aforementioned information about you, and you have not expressly authorized us to do so, we will contact you and request your written consent to move forward.
Types of Information We Collect
This policy covers the information you share with Cheshire and/or which may be collected by Cheshire during the application and recruitment process including:
- Your full name, residential address, email address, telephone number, and other applicable contact information.
- Your resume, cover letter, previous and/or current work experience, other relevant experience, education, and any other information you provide to Cheshire during the application and recruitment process.
- Information from phone screenings and interviews, when applicable.
- Details regarding the type of employment you are looking for, current/desired salary information, willingness to relocate, or any other pertinent job-related preferences.
- Details of how you heard about the position for which you are applying.
- Any sensitive, protected, and/or other demographic information voluntarily provided during the application and recruitment process including gender, work eligibility, nationality, veteran status, racial/ethnic origin, or reasonable accommodations for disability.
- Reference information and/or information received from background investigations (when applicable, with your written consent).
- Information relating to any prior applications you may have submitted to Cheshire and/or previous employment history with Cheshire.
Who Has Access to Your Personal Information
All access to your provided identifiable personal information is restricted to Cheshire staff and authorized third-party agents who require this information in order to
(a) Make an informed hiring decision.
(b) Carry out responsibilities with regard to applicable recruitment or employment law.
Additionally, your identifiable personal information may be disclosed to government entities (such as those authorized to review and enforce equal opportunity laws) in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Cheshire never provides identifiable personal information to external recruiting services, job banks, or any other third-party.