Am I a candidate for bariatric surgery?
Keep in mind that bariatric surgery is not a magic cure for obesity. It is a tool to help you lose weight along with a healthy diet and regular daily exercise.
Bariatric surgery may be an option for you if you have:
- A Body Mass Index (BMI) of 35 or more
- Not maintained long-term weight loss with diet and exercise
- An absence of any untreated major psychiatric or eating disorder
- No active substance misuse
- The ability to follow dietary, exercise and behavioral recommendations
- No plans to become pregnant around the time of surgery
After an initial introductory session, you’ll work with Cheshire Medical Center’s Bariatric team to determine whether bariatric surgery is the right choice for your weight-loss journey. Learn more and register for a free online introductory session.
Our team provides free online introductory sessions to anyone considering weight loss surgery.
- Learn about the options, benefits, and risk factors of weight loss surgery.
- Understand how your commitment to a healthy lifestyle is vital to success.
- Determine if this is the right choice for your health and wellness.
Contact us to get started.