Throughout your life, our ophthalmology team can help you see as well as possible. We offer a full range of care for your eyes, from your yearly vision exam to the treatment of medical eye conditions.
Your yearly eye exam
Your eyes and eyesight change often throughout your life. Annual exams help us catch eye problems early and adjust your eyeglass and contact lens prescriptions to keep your vision sharp.
Our eye doctors offer a complete contact lens service, which includes a doctor's fitting and a training appointment for you to practice safe contact lens care (PDF).
Coordinated eye care team
Our team includes a wide range of certified professionals working together to provide comprehensive care. Some of our experts include:
- Ophthalmologists: medical doctors who specialize in diseases of the eye, diagnosing problems and performing minor surgeries on-site and major surgeries in the surgical suites at Cheshire Medical Center
- Optometrists: Optometry doctors who specialize in diagnosing and treating diseases of the eye. In addition, they specialize in eyeglass and contact prescriptions, as well as contact lens fitting.
- Opticians: technicians trained to design, verify, and fit eyeglass lenses and frames to correct eyesight
Comprehensive vision services
Beyond routine eye exams, our experts offer diagnosis and treatment of many eye conditions. For more complex conditions, we may refer you to a specialist. Some of the more common problems we diagnose or treat are:
- Age-related macular degeneration
- Cataracts, or clouding of your eye’s lens
- Corneal foreign bodies, or pieces of wood, metal, or eyelashes in your eye
- Diabetic eye exams
- Dry eye
- Eye allergies
- Eye pain
- Eyelid inflammation
- Eye infections such as conjunctivitis (pink eye)
- Floaters and/or flashes, or spots or specks in your vision
- Some diseases of the cornea
- Some problems of the retina
- Amblyopia, when vision in one eye is poor from childhood (may be referred to as lazy-eye)
Education and resources
Our partners at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center offer more information about our services on their website, including videos from the American Academy of Ophthalmology.