Get the expert advice and peer support you need to improve your life and avoid developing diabetes. Over the next year, you can be part of a group that meets with a trained lifestyle coach. Together, you can learn to make lasting changes that are hard to make alone.
Risks of developing Type 2 diabetes
Many people with prediabetes don't know they have it. You may be at risk for developing Type 2 diabetes if you:
- Are overweight
- Are over 65
- Get little or no physical activity
- Have someone in your family that has Type 2 diabetes
- Had gestational diabetes while pregnant
Take the prediabetes test. It only takes two minutes to find out if you are at risk.
How does this program work?
Hour-long sessions are held online via Zoom, in groups of 8-15 people.
For the first 4 months, your group will meet weekly, then biweekly for two months. Then for the last six months of the program your group will meet monthly.
I not only met my weight loss goal, but far exceeded that number by twice the amount. I was able to improve my glucose level greatly.
This program provided the structure and guidance for making this happen.
You get out of it what you are willing to put into it, yourself.Previous DPP Participant
What you'll learn
In the first 16 weekly sessions you can learn to:
- Eat healthily
- Increase physical activity
- Manage stress
- Stay motivated
Supportive group coaching
After the first 16 weekly sessions, participants come together monthly with your lifestyle coach. The coach can help you identify and overcome barriers to making sustainable lifestyle changes. For example:
- They can help you find solutions to problems many people face while trying to improve their health.
- They will teach you stress reduction and coping skills that can help all areas of your life, so you can take charge of your health and well-being.