At the Wound Care Clinic at Cheshire Medical Center, we specialize in treating chronic and complex wounds. Our experienced team of wound care specialists uses the latest guidelines and best practices.
How we can help
We treat chronic and complex wounds associated with:
- Atypical wounds
- Diabetes mellitus
- Immobilization or spinal injury
- Lower extremity arterial disease
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Pressure injuries
- Venous insufficiency
Services and treatment we provide
- Differential diagnosis, assessment of wound progress, and adaptation of wound treatment therapy
- Negative pressure wound therapy to assist with the healing of specific wounds
- Wound debridement
- Total contact casting to offload neuropathic and diabetic foot ulcers
- Culture and treatment of wound, skin, and bone infections
- Application of specialized wound dressings to maximize healing rates
- Compression therapy
- Bioengineered skin grafts/substitutes
Education for better healing
Our wound care team provides and family education about:
- Glycemic control
- Nutritional support
- Ongoing wound care
- Pressure relief technologies and devices
- Smoking cessation
Collaboration for the best care
Our wound care specialists coordinate with other experts as part of your personalized treatment plan. For example:
- Diagnostic imaging and laboratory services help us diagnose and manage your health problem.
- Nutrition Services can recommend dietary changes to help with wound healing and better health.
- General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Podiatry, Otolaryngology, Urology, or other surgical departments.
- Your primary care provider.