Cheshire Medical Center is dedicated to advancing the health and wellness of this community through a combination of outstanding care and exceptional service. However, those who care for the health of our community need your help to end this pandemic, prevent a surge in cases, and ensure quality medical care continues to be available to all who need it.
1 Delta is widespread in our area and it is highly contagious.
Those infected with the Delta variant of the virus are likely to spread it to twice as many people as the original strain. And it is possible for vaccinated people to spread the virus if they have a mild or asymptomatic breakthrough infection.
Learn more about the delta variant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and UC Davis Health's Delta variant: 8 things you should know about this COVID-19 strain.
2 Delta is causing the worst surge so far of hospitalizations in New Hampshire.
In Keene, the number of people hospitalized with COVID-19 is currently as high as during the last surge and has remained high much longer. Young people are now among the very sick. And the majority of the very sick are unvaccinated.
3 Together, we can stop its destructive course. How?
We have vaccines that have been proven both safe and effective against severe disease, hospitalization, and death from COVID-19. If you or your family members are eligible, please get vaccinated now.
Until most in our region are vaccinated, we should ALL continue these recommended safety precautions so that, together, we can reduce hospitalizations and deaths from COVID-19.
- Get vaccinated now Learn more: Dartmouth-Hitchcock vaccination information or schedule a vaccination.
- Wear a mask in public or with others indoors. Learn more: Q&A: Clearing up the mask confusion
- Continue to practice social distancing.
- Wash or sanitize your hands often.
- Stay home if you test positive for COVID-19 or are experiencing symptoms. Learn more about symptoms and exposure or schedule a test.